Project Updates 07/06-19/2020
Updated: Jul 24, 2020
The two week look ahead is now included as a part of the project update. The updates, which included work performed for the DDOT project, are listed after the two week look ahead.
Two Week Look Ahead 07/06-07/19, 2020
DDOT Construction Team
Transfer to temporary light poles and install new poles 20Ft SL/TS Poles on Maryland Ave between 2nd St to 8th St.
Work on Bump-outs Ramps and Medians at 4th St and MD Ave.
Installation of Brick Sidewalk at G St and MD Ave.
Electrical Traffic light Foundations on outbound at 4th St and 6th St at Mass Ave.
Electrical Street Crossings and Foundations on MD Ave outbound at Stanton park, 4th St and C St, C St B/W 4th St and 6th St on Mass Ave, 5th St and C St, 7th St and 8th St.
Storm Drain Inlet-11, Inlet-22, fire hydrant and basin connection pipe installation on the MD Ave at 8th St intersection.
Storm Drain Inlet-09, Inlet-10 and basin connection pipe installation on the MD Ave at 7th St and D St intersection.
Storm Drain Manhole 09, Manhole 10, Inlet-20, and basin connection pipe installation on the MD Ave at 7th St and D St intersection.
Storm Drain Manhole 33, Manhole 34 and RCP storm drainpipe installation on the MD Ave between 6th St and 7th St intersection.
Washington Gas Light Team
· WGL Crew 1 will continue working on the gas service replacement at 1400 Block of Maryland Ave inbound.
· WGL Crew 2 will continue working on the gas main installation on at 1300 Block of Maryland Ave inbound.
Fort Myer Const. Corp
· Street and sidewalk restoration for the Washington Gas trenches on Maryland Avenue, outbound 1400 block.
DDOT Project Update July 6-19, 2020
· As a part of the Maryland Avenue NE Streetscape Project, DDOT and FMCC will continue daily lane closures on the outbound and inbound lanes at multiple locations on Maryland Ave NE between 2nd Street and 14th Street during summer and fall this year.
· DDOT will maintain one lane each direction during daily lane closures
· The daily lane closures for the DDOT work will be performed from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday – Friday and Saturdays as needed, weather and construction conditions permitting.